Sunday, September 18, 2011

Caribbean Beach

My brain has been busy, good gracious.

Last night I was on a very gray beach with a few people and the tide was low. And when I say low, I mean that when I told everyone I was going down to the water, it involved about a mile trek with stairs involved. On the way down said stairs, I passed my ex-boyfriend and his buddies. Carry on. So I'm finally getting closer to the water and it turns into a tropical beach. Turquoise water, flowers everywhere, coconuts... and hundreds of people in the water. I'm tentative, but I get in the water. IMMEDIATELY I am stung by a jellyfish and then my vision is blurry and I'm trying to find my way around. There's a fuzzy hut (in the water of course) and somebody put my hand into this bucket that has something in it that feels like thousands of little nails going into my hand. DAMNIT! That happens one more time. Thanks for nothin, crazy Caribbean beach.

My brain then fast forwards slash rewinds and does a How I Met Your Mother (tv show)-like do-over of "what really happened." What actually happened was I had eaten a poisonous scallop and that's what was making my vision blurry and making me crazy in the water- the person at the hut who put my hand in the bucket of stingy-ness was actually giving me a special antidote for the poisonous scallop.

Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment